The Bulldogs is a partnership between
lead body Bulldogs Boxing & Community Activities and Port Talbot Boxing
Club. Together we are stronger, the Charity delivers the Bulldogs 5 Pillar
Programme whilst the boxing club delivers boxing as a competitive sport. Our
aim is to create Champions in the Ring and Champions in the Community through
harnessing the tools of boxing within a platform of change methodology where we
create change in ‘How a young person
perceives themselves and of how others perceive them.
The Charity delivers daytime activities focussed around The 5 Pillars which is a ‘mix and match’ Personal Development Pathway leading to tailored achievments. Our main focus is to provide a Platform of Change for young people aged 7 – 30yrs but we work with all ages. The Bulldogs is totally inclusive and we are proud to work with all members of our community.
We work within a multiple partnership CoProduction approach within our Support Services Pillar. The Bulldogs does not replicate – we enhance partnerships creating very strong working relationships.
Bulldogs 5 Pillar Programme
Supporting your Success
|Personal Development||Open Access||Education Employment and Training||Fitness and Boxing||Support services|
Bulldogs 5 Pillar Activities
The 5 Pillar programme has been adapted to work with specific groups over and above our main target group which includes:
- Bulldogs Employability Pathway – A partnership with Jobcentreplus. We provide extensive employment / training support from our dedicated Employability Pillar. This is a very successful arm of The Bulldogs and is growing week on week with success for all ages.
- Bulldogs Well-being – Tailored exercise and nutrition programmes creating ahelthier community. There is something for everyone at The Bulldogs starting from the most basic form of exercise upoto high intensity programmes.
- SSAFA / Bulldogs Armed Forces Drop-In. This is a multi-agency approach to helping those who have or are currently serving within the Armed Forces. We also help young people into the services through our employability pathway.
- Bulldogs Laces group. A partnership with NPTCBC Looked After Children’s Education Services. Providing Social, Emotional and behavioural skills change.
- Young offenders – Partnership with Western Bay Youth Justice. Creating exit strategies for young offenders. Using the discipline of boxing to help steer young offenders away from future crime and anti-social behaviour.
- The Bulldogs provides a platform for over 30 organisations working in partnership to provide a fighting chance in life for the next generations in and around the Port Talbot areas of Swansea Bay Region.
- Bulldogs Boxfit –